Patient-Centered Medical Home
Trinity Family Health Care is proud to call ourselves a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). We received prestigious accreditation by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
Why Choose a Patient-Centered Medical Home?
At the heart of the PCMH is the relationship between you, the patient, and your health care team led by your doctor or provider of choice. Our main concern is the health and wellness of our patients, and our primary goal is to provide the best comprehensive and coordinated health care for patients at all stages of their life.
It may seem easier to see any doctor you can when you or a family member is sick, but having a PCMH (one doctor or provider of choice you call every time) means you are more likely to get the best possible care. If you see the same doctor every time, they will know what sicknesses and health care you have had and you will develop a relationship with your doctor and the healthcare team.
As your PCMH health care provider, we will:
- Explain diseases, treatments and results in an easily understandable manner
- Listen to your feelings and questions, helping you make decisions about your care
- Provide timely access to medical care and same day appointments, whenever possible
- Provide the care you need when needed
- Provide care based on quality and safety
- Send you to trusted experts, if needed
- End every visit with clear instructions about expectations, treatment goals and future plans
We trust you, our patient, to:
- Ask questions, share your feelings, and be a part of your care
- Be honest about your medical history, symptoms, and other important information about your health
- Tell your doctor about any changes in your health and well-being
- Make healthy decisions about your daily habits and lifestyle
- Let us know when you see other doctors and what medications they may put you on or change
- Ask other doctors to send us a report about your care when you see them
- Prepare for your appointment by getting your lab work done before the day of your appointment so your doctor can go over the results with you during the appointment time (this is for routine labs you have done for chronic illnesses such as diabetes, etc.)
- Keep your appointments as scheduled whenever possible
- End every office visit with a clear understanding of your doctor’s expectations, treatment goals, and future plans for you
Make an Appointment with PCMH Provider, Dr. Shah
To make an appointment with your PCMH provider, Dr. Saurinkumar Shah, call (727) 845-3333 or request an appointment online.